I've been fannishly offline a lot lately, but even granting that I probably accidentally missed some posts, it seems that FK-related activity was quite light in March. Perhaps those set +War on FKFic-L were recovering? Little is as all-absorbing as an FKFic-L War game!
With that caveat, for the month of March, in Forever Knight, in my corners of social journaling, here're the items that I spotted:
Games and Communities
- The Organization for Transformative Works (OTW), which brings us the Archive of Our Own (AO3), is fundraising right now. I've donated! Would you like to, too? It's just like a PBS/NPR membership drive, except that it doesn't interrupt programming. This is how we have the AO3, among other nice things, so if you can afford to donate (or volunteer!), please consider it.
- fkficfest/fkficfest's annual pre-game survey results came in. This year's game due date will be August 10. The full schedule will go up soon (really! okay, define "soon"...).
- rarewomen stories are still scheduled to be due to the AO3 on May 4. Pinch-hit requests are coming out periodically by email (sign up here to receive pinch-hit requests). You may also contribute "treats," regardless of whether you're otherwise in the game.
- As always, the recommendation communities fanart_recs, fancake and het_reccers could use reccing volunteers.
- 3/01: greerwatson discussed her FKFic-L War 15 participation and linked to where she's archived all her game posts.
- 3/09: pj1228 posted a roundup of her participation in this year's fandom_stocking game, including 3 FK stories that she wrote and 2 that she received. Some were announced earlier, but her "Split Loyalties" (2.5K words, PG13; Janette, Nick, Lacroix) for skieswideopen is new!
- 3 FK works on the AO3 currently show March 2014 as their publication date. One is pj1228's for skieswideopen, mentioned above. The other two, unusually, are in German! (I may try to read the one that's not a crossover, but my schoolgirl German is so pitiful that I'll have to resort to Google Translate, I know. ~grin~)