I read perhaps half. No stories were submitted in my usual fandoms, so choosing what to read across the fest led me mostly to tales where I know the source material, but not the fanfiction. Of those I read in this game, my favorites are:
- "Dark" (PG, ~3K) by the_alchemist, Henry VI Part 1 w/RPF, Sts. Joan and Mary ( Collapse )
- "Cho Chang & the Jasmine Code" (PG, ~5K) by xenokattz, Harry Potter, Cho ( Collapse )
- "Solace and Solitude" (PG, ~4K) by kellychambliss, Pride and Prejudice, Lydia, Lady Catherine and Anne ( Collapse )
- "A Room of Her Own" (PG, ~2K) by aliciadances, Harry Potter, Pansy ( Collapse )
- "The Road to Asgard" (PG, ~1K) by curia_regis, Thor, Jane ( Collapse )
Other fandoms represented that some of you might enjoy include Downton Abbey, Life on Mars, Tangled, Chronicles of Narnia, Firefly, and of course Doctor Who (which I can't read because I'm chronically a season behind and ducking spoilers). My own submission was "Salt Its Tail" (PG, ~7K, Young Blades, Jacqueline).
I support this ficathon's goals, and it's been interesting as a writer and as a reader. However, there is often a disconnectedness about multi-fandom games, not to mention non-exchange games, and this is both; I think it might benefit from a boost in community fellow-feeling, though I don't know how one would bring that about except by recruiting more writers, and chatting together about it more.Comments on Dreamwidth: