Gifts I received
- From sharpest_asp, a delightfully solemn and determined untitled Highlander ficlet from Duncan's perspective. After Tessa's death, he coincidentally finds a lost earring that had belonged to her. (<1K words, G)
- From lastscorpion, an exciting and impressively structured untitled Forever Knight ficlet from Nick's perspective. Vachon seeks Nick's help preventing Urs from killing herself. (<1K words, PG)
- From pj1228, a deeply generous and attentive Forever Knight short story titled "Progress," from Nick's perspective. A new computer system at work makes Nick feel that time is passing him by; he's offered a vampiric way to cope, and a human way. (~1K words, PG)
- From falcon_horus, a classic Forever Knight Nick/Janette wallpaper and a tremendously fun Battlestar Galactica (1978) Starbuck greeting card.
- From knowmefirst, sjh2009, tarlanx, twinsarein, dunderklumpen, trobadora and juliet316, assorted friendly greetings and neat illustrations!
Gifts I gave
- To falcon_horus, who requested Fleur, a medieval Forever Knight ficlet titled "Ad Festivum Ignem," from Fleur's perspective. Fleur encounters a different midwinter tradition in her new husband's demesne. (<1K words, G)
- To wendymypooh, who requested Nick/Natalie, a fluffy Forever Knight ficlet titled "When the Nat's Away," from Sydney's perspective. Sydney decides that he's had enough of Nick. (<1K words, G)
- To bethskink, who requested Lacroix & Schanke, a simple Forever Knight drabble titled "The Real Thing," from Lacroix's perspective. Lacroix bumps into Schanke at the DMV. (100 words, G)
- To pj1228, who requested Nick/Janette, a genre-muddled (romance/angst/humor) Forever Knight short story titled "Designed to be Seen," from Nick's perspective. Nick finds Janette's very fashionable dress very difficult to remove. (>1K words, PG-13)
- To skieswideopen, a pledge to write a Janette + "outsider perspective" OC story this year.
- To all the nice people who requested Duncan/Tessa, Richie or Angie from Highlander, expressions of agreement with their excellent taste, and solidarity in wishing for more stories exploring these characters! Maybe next year... maybe this year.
Thank you, everyone!
Comments on Dreamwidth: