In the meantime, I came home from work fairly late tonight to the happy arrival of these goodies in my own Fandom Stocking:
- A Forever Knight Nick & the Schankes story (plus Janette, Natalie and Lacroix references!), set before the tag of first-season's "Hunters," but after the climax: "Intrusion" by pj1228 (~1,500 words, gen, G). Highly canon-aware!
- A Sleepy Hollow Ichabod & Abbie interlude story (with horses!), tucked between the looming cliffs of their adventures: "Two-in-Hand" by st_aurafina (~700 words, gen, G). A classic interlude!
- A Sleepy Hollow Ichabod/Katrina manip desktop wallpaper by tarlanx, with intriguing symbolism! Gorgeous!
- Fiction "gift certificates" of various lengths and in various fandoms from sharpest_asp, ravenela, argentum_ls and skieswideopen! Exciting! Yay, things to which to look forward!
- 01/11/14: Ravenela just fulfilled her "pledge" with the Highlander Duncan/Tessa vignette "Acceptance," coordinating with the "Counterfeit" flashbacks!
- Recommendations with links to three Person of Interest fanmixes from somehowunbroken! This is a fairly new form of fannish expression to me: interesting!
- Recommendations with links to four Highlander pic assortments, and also to one page of Highlander filk lyrics, from alexia! (Two of the pic assortments are by JinxedWood.) Amusing!
- Happy holiday greetings and art from wendymypooh, sjh2009, leesa_perrie and twinsarein! Jolly!
Thank you, everyone! These have been so much fun!
I wrote two short stories, myself, one Forever Knight (Lacroix & Natalie & Nick; thank you for the beta, skieswideopen!) and one Highlander (Methos/Alexa; thank you for the beta, celli!). I also handed out a few fanfic "gift certificate" promises where I'd much wanted to write (more FK! more HL! someone even requested original BSG, but it didn't get tagged properly so I missed it till the end!), but couldn't fit it in. I plan to post about those on the weekend. I need to transfer the two stories from Dreamwidth comments to the AO3, and perhaps sneak in one more polish.
(I'm also reminded that I have at least two stories (both FK) from previous Fandom Stocking years that I never did move into the AO3. I meant to rewrite them, but... leela_cat firmly tells me to archive them and move on, rather than let them continue munching at the back of my imagination as unfinished.)
Comments on Dreamwidth: